2008 Yamaha FZ6
Redline All Pro Powersports
2008 Yamaha FZ6, Super fun sport touring bike! Upright feel with the spirit of a sport bike! This bike is fuel injected with a Delkavic exhaust system, sound great and is ready to go! Give us a call for more details! 262-544-9977
The multipurpose, go-anywhere do-anything middleweight; the FZ6 is just as happy taking you to work, for a brisk sport ride or on a weekend tour.
- Multipurpose, go-anywhere do-anything middleweight; the FZ6 is just as happy taking you to work, for a brisk sport ride or on a weekend tour.
- Style and performance: Controlled-Fill aluminum frame, a high-tech half fairing and an undertail exhaust are just a few of the FZ6's upscale components.
- Super-light and compact fuel-injected YZF-R6S engine is tuned for enhanced mid-range performance as well as strong revvability.
- 600cc liquid-cooled 16-valve DOHC four-cylinder engine with special cams and intake tracts is tuned to produce maximum torque and horsepower at more accessible rpm levels.
- Group fuel injection (powerful 32-bit processor and 4-jet bidirectional injectors) combines simplicity with excellent response and performance.
- Six-speed gearbox with triangulated input and output shafts, heavy-duty clutch and through-the-frame shifter for years of precise, positive shifting.
- Stainless-steel underseat exhaust system with heat shield looks cool and doesn't interfere with passengers or luggage.
- Acoustic analysis of the downdraft intake tract and exhaust produce a bike that sounds as cool as it looks.
- Large radiator with ring-type fan for excellent cooling capacity.
- Yamaha Air Induction System, along with a metal honeycomb-type catalytic converter, let the FZ6 pass strict EU2 and CARB emissions standards.
- Strong-and-very-light Controlled-Fill die-cast aluminum frame is made from only two pieces, which bolt together at the steering head and in the swingarm pivot area.
- A stylish swingarm complements the bike's Controlled-Fill frame and adds to its light, precise feel.
- Four-piston monoblock brake calipers up front provide excellent braking power and feel.
- Five-point stressed-member engine mounting design consists of two crankcase mounts per side and one mount on the left side of the cylinder head for excellent strength and light weight.
- Placing the engine's crankshaft axis close to the FZ6's roll axis aids quick handling and light, positive steering.
- 25 degrees of rake, 3.8-inch trail and 56.7-inch wheelbase for quick handling and excellent tracking.
- Single-shock linkageless rear suspension is simple and light, with sport-biased damping tuned for a controlled, progressive feel; extruded aluminum swingarm is 23.2 inches long for reduced chain-pull effect, further bolstering the FZ6's outstanding handling.
- Placing the battery under the fuel tank and behind the steering head helps achieve 51 percent front-wheel weight distribution and excellent handling.
- Single-piece upper triple clamp/handlebar mount with tubular handlebar for excellent front-end feel, feedback and light steering; 35-degree steering lock means excellent maneuverability in traffic.
- 43mm, wide-set fork tubes for excellent rigidity and confident braking performance.
- Extremely light YZF-R6-type five-spoke wheels keep unsprung weight low for improved suspension action and handling, acceleration and deceleration.
- Thick dual seat offers exceptional solo or two-up comfort; passenger grab rails and bungee attachment points.
- Upright, comfortable riding position with great weather protection. Light, effortless handling for urban use, comfortable long-distance cruising, and serious sport riding too.
- LCD two-color instrument display with integrated bar-type tachometer on the left, and numerical speedometer in the center—also two tripmeters, clock, fuel, intake air temperature and water temperature gauges, and usual indicator lights.
- 120/70-ZR17 and 180/55-ZR17 radial tires complement the FZ6's modern look, and its increased torque and great handling fully exploit the superb grip they provide.
- Large windscreen provides good protection and minimal noise; anti-reversion panels on each side of the fairing reduce turbulence.
- Completely unique, CAD-drawn fuel tank meets the needs of style, handlebar clearance and tactile feel in one beautiful package crafted from high-stretch alloy.
- Sporty, taillight design reduces both weight and size while providing excellent visibility.
- Passenger pegs are low and made of aluminum for comfort and appearance.
- Front fender and alumite-finished outer fork tubes add to the style.
- Seat bottom and cover material feel soft but solid and make it easier for shorter legs to reach the ground.
- Centerstand for easier maintenance.
- Standard toolkit and U-lock storage under the seat.
- Engine Type: 600cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 65.5 x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Carburetion: Group Fuel Injection, 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension/Front: 43mm telescopic fork, 5.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; adjustable preload, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual 298mm floating disc; 4-piston calipers
- Brakes/Rear: 245mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Tires/Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Tires/Rear: 180/55-ZR17
- Length: 82.5 in
- Width: 29.5 in
- Height: 47.6 in
- Seat Height: 31.3 in
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0°
- Trail: 3.8 in
- Fuel Capacity: 5.1 gal
- Dry Weight: 410 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Colors: Cobalt Blue (Dark Metallic Purplish Blue), Raven (Metallic Black)
NOTES:Price and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner's Manual and all labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves
- 600 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 65.5 x 44.5 mm
- Liquid cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Carburetion: Group Fuel Injection, 36 mm throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm telescopic fork; Travel: 5.1 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; adjustable preload; Travel: 5.1 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 298 mm floating disc; 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 56.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.3 in.
- Caster Angle: 25.0°
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.1 gal
- Dry Weight
- 410 lbs
- 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- LCD two-color, numerical
- LCD two-color, integrated bar-type
- Cobalt Blue (Dark Metallic Purplish Blue), Raven (Metallic Black)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)